Planning and Engineering
The Planning & Engineering Division is responsible for planning needed improvements to the city’s infrastructure. They also provide input to new development and review all new development plans as well as inspect the water, sewer, and street.
The role of the planning & engineering staff in the City of Grain Valley is to ensure, through in-house expertise and contracted resources, that the community is receiving quality infrastructure that will require minimal maintenance far into the future. Engineering is also used to solve complicated issues that arise from the past or from unforeseen events or processes that pose a hazard or nuisance to the community.
- Mark Trosen – Community Development Director
- Dick Tuttle, P.E. – City Engineer
- Jan Selck – Permit Technician
- Capital Improvement Program (2022-2026)
- Development Application Packet (2022)
- Development Process Handbook (2022)
- Grain Valley Comprehensive Plan
- Permit Coverage (draft)
- Standard Detail Drawings (Revised July 2021)
- Stormwater Management System
Map · Grain Valley Community Development
711 Main Street · Grain Valley, MO 64029