New Regulations for neighborhood vehicles and utility terrain vehicles on City streets and highways.
posted on 2/16/22
The municipal code was recently amended to allow neighborhood vehicles and utility terrain vehicles to operate on City streets and highways with posted speed limits at 35 miles per hour or less, once properly registered and permitted with the City. Applications to register are available on the city’s website and a representative from the police department will be available for visual inspections (required for registration) on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-3PM.
When registering, please have the following available:
- A copy of the owner’s valid driver’s license
- Proof of ownership
- Copy of the current insurance policy showing listing the neighborhood vehicle/UTV including the serial number/VIN Number and year of model
Visual Inspection of the vehicle is required. The following must be in place to pass the inspection:
- Lighted headlamp & tail lamp
- Brake lights in working order
- Mechanical turn signals front and back
- Seat belt(s) for the operator and passengers
- A braking system
- A muffler
- Slow-moving emblem in conformity with Section 307.127, RSMo., or a bicycle safety flag which extends not less than seven (7) feet above the ground, attached to the rear of the vehicle.
For more information, please see the recently passed ordinance or contact the police department at 816-847-6250.